Announcing the 2016 Santa Barbara Mission Conference Video Contest
Reconciling All Things
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come. The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation”
2 Corinthians 5:17-18
How is God using your church or non-profit to bring reconciliation in your community between people?
How are you helping those in your community to be reconciled to God?
Join us in getting the message of reconciliation out to the world bymaking a video that tells the world how your ministry is having animpact. All videos submitted will be featured on the Santa BarbaraMission Conference Webpage. The top three videos will be awarded acash prize and presented at the 2016 Santa Barbara MissionConference.
1st Prize $1,000, 2nd Prize $500, 3rd Prize $300.
Criteria Used By Judges
The videos will be judged on their creativity in answering the following questions:
1) How does your project empower people to work towards reconciliation in their local community?
2) How does your project impact the community it is designed to reach?
3) How does your project address the root causes of the problem you hope to address?
What else you need to know
- Length: 2-4 mintues Videos over five minutes will not be considered (no exceptions).
- Format: The video can be either a slide show set to music or a movie-type video that tells the story of your mission project or outreach event. The videos will not be judged on professional but on content.
- Videos should be submitted to Tom Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 30, 2015. Or mail a copy of your video to Monte Vista Presbyterian Church at 3797 W. Lynn Rd., Newbury Park, CA 91320
- Videos will be posted on the Santa Barbara Mission Conference website.
- The videos will be judged by the Advisory team of the Santa Barbara Mission Conference. In addition to the criteria stated above, the judges will also take into consideration the number of “likes” the videos receive on the video contest page on our website.
- The top three videos will be featured at the 2016 Santa Barbara Mission Conference, January 22-23. In addition, the winners will receive a cash prize to be used towards the mission/outreach project featured in the video.
- Prizes will be awarded and announced at the 2016 Santa Barbara Mission Conference
We look forward to your video. Thank you for your work that draws people into a deeper relationship with God and one another.