Announcing the 2015 Santa Barbara Mission Conference Video Contest
Do you know a ministry that is living with radical compassion in order to alleviate poverty, share the gospel, or that confront cultures of violence through ministries of reconciliation?
This contest is designed to help highlight those ministries/projects that practice radical compassion in those three areas (poverty, evangelism, reconciliation). We will have one winner in each category. The videos are meant to inspire missional living and celebrate the work God is doing through faithful churches and Christian fellowship throughout the world.
The videos will be judged on their creativity in answering the following questions:
- How does your project/ministry empower people to address problems of poverty in a particular area?
- What impact does your project/ministry have on addressing the root causes of poverty in your area?
- How has your project/ministry brought hope to a local community?
- How does your project/ministry empower people to share the gospel in a local community?
- How has the gospel helped to fulfill Christ’s commission to “go and make disciples?”
- How have lives been changed in the community you serve because the gospel has been shared with others?
Violence through Reconciliation
- How does your project/ ministry empower the work of reconciliation in your local community?
- What are the root causes of violence in your community?
- How have lives been changed as a result of the work of reconciliation?
What you need to know:
2-4 minutes. Videos over four minutes will not be considered (no exceptions). The video can be either a slide show set to music or a movie-type video that tells the story of your mission project or outreach event.
Videos submitted to First Presbyterian Church of Santa Barbara by November 15th. Or mail a copy of your video to First Presbyterian Church at 21 E. Constance Ave., Santa Barbara, CA 93105. Please indicate “Mission Conference” as you deliver your video.
Videos will be posted on the Santa Barbara Mission Conference Facebook page beginning November 15, 2014
The videos will be judged by the Santa Barbara Mission Conference Advisory team. In addition to the criteria stated above, the judges will also take into consideration the number of “likes” the videos receive on contest page.
The top video in each category will be featured at the Santa Barbara Mission Conference in 2015 in addition to receiving a cash prize of $500 to be used towards the mission/outreach project featured in the video. Prizes will be awarded at the Santa Barbara Mission Conference on January 23-24, 2015.